Ludo movie is a Hindi movie released on the OTT platform. The movie has many famous names from the Bollywood industry.
Fans loved the performances delivered by the actors. Critics have also praised the films for its gripping and humorous storyline. In many ways, the movie is a dark comedy.
The movie has many interesting references related to Ludo. It is visually stunning and the credit goes to costume and set designers.
Many believe Ludo is one of the first such kinds of movies in Bollywood and they have never seen anything like this before.
Here we bring you some interesting facts about the movie that will hype you, even more, to watch the film on Netflix.
1. We have seen many stories in recent years where 3-4 different stories running simultaneously and characters interact with each other.
Ludo is not an anthology movie that many people were expecting. These characters live in the same world and interact with each other.
Some of the movies similar to this genre in Bollywood are Udta Punjab, Life In A Metro, Yuva, and many more.
2. Ludo played an important role in the movie. The major reference was the number plate of cars in the movie.
The fictional tale was said wonderfully as all the cars have the same number plate ‘LUDO2345’.
3. Some heart whelming dialogues were said in the reference of Ludo. For instance, “Uske liye to Pinky hi 2 6 5 hai” which means the biggest achievement, and “Life ke lag Gaye Ludo” which is the general wordplay in the context of Ludo.
4. Fatima San Sheikh and Sanya Malhotra made their grand debut together with the movie Dangal.
They share a good bond with each other. In Ludo, they worked together after 4 years. Sadly, there was only one scene when Sanya and Fatima were in the same frame.
5. The character of Sattu Bhaiya is very charming and dynamic in the movie.
Pankaj Tripathi gave one of his best performances in the movie. He was seen wearing a Ludo-pendent around his neck.
Fans suggested that it is symbolic as Sattu Bhaiya’s actions have some effects on all the different story arcs in the movie.
6. It is a pretty obvious thing to notice that all the characters were interacting with each other while the story of Rajkummar Rao and Fatima Sana Sheikh was very different.
Rajkummar Rao and Fatima Sana Sheikh haven’t interacted with most of the cast in the movie.
7. It is the first film of Anurag Basu on OTT platforms. He is also making his debut as a cinematographer in the movie.
For the record, Anurag Basu has written the story and screenplay of the movie. He also handled the production design. Moreover, he is the producer of the film as well.
8. Anurag Basu also played an important role in the movie. He is the narrator of the story.
In the end, his character was revealed as Yamraj who has to decide the fate of the characters.
9. Pritam is a famous music director and the movie Ludo is his debut as well on the OTT platform.
The songs of the movie Ludo are loved by fans and fans are listening to these songs in the loop.
10. The director is obsessed with the name Shruti. For your information, Ludo is the fourth movie of Anurag Basu where the female protagonist is named Shruti.
Konkana Sen Sharma was the Shruti Ghosh in Life… In a Metro, Illeana D’Cruz was also Shruti Ghosh in Barfi!, Kartina Kaif was the Shruti in Jagga Jasoos, and now Sanya Malhotra’s name in the Ludo is Shruti Choksi.
11. All the main characters in the movie represent a color from the Ludo Game. Pankaj Tripathi, Rohit Saraf, and Pearle Maaney represent the Blue color.
Aditya Roy Kapur and Sanya Malhotra represent Yellow color. Rajkummar Rao and Fatima Sana Sheikh represent Green, and Abhishek Bachchan and Inayat Verma represent Red color.
12. The costume designer and set designer has emphasized the colors and prepared the set pieces and costume in a way that they can easily tell you which character arc is running in the story.
For instance, Rajkummar and Fatima are often seen wearing green colors while Aditya Roy Kapur wears shades of yellow throughout the movie.