Prachi Desai is a Bollywood actress who has made a successful journey from the small screen to the big screen.
Prachi turned 32 yesterday but she is still remembered as the teenage girl from the zee TV drama show Kasamh Se.
Prachi Desai is one of the most underrated actresses of the industry. In addition to this, she is very choosy and done selective movies.
This is the reason that she has done only less than 10 movies in her long Bollywood career as she made her Bollywood debut with the movie Rock On!!
In 2008. Here we have gathered some interesting facts about the actress Prachi Desai.
1. Prachi Desai was born in Surat, Gujarat. Her father and mother’s names are Niranjan Desai and Ameta Desai who are living a simple life in their hometown.
Prachi also has a sister named Esha Desai. Even though Prachi is a famous actress, her personal life is not exposed to the media at all.
2. Prachi Desai did her early schooling from St. Joseph Convent School, Panchgani.
She came to Pune and got admission in Sinhgad College for higher studies. During her college, she showed interest in the glamor industry and started giving auditions.
3. Prachi got the big break in 2006 when she got selected to play the lead character in Ekta Kapoor’s TV series Kasamh Se that aired on Zee TV.
She played the character of shy Bani opposite famous TV actor Ram Kapoor.
4. Prachi Desai was praised by fans as well as critics for her performance in the TV series Kasamh Se.
She also won the Indian Telly Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role for the performance.
5. Prachi was only 19 years old when she participated in the second season of celebrity dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa.
Jhalak Dikhla Jaa is the Indian version of the famous BBC show Strictly Come Dancing.
6. She participated in the show with choreographer Deepak Singh. She was eliminated out of the show in the middle but re-joined as a wild card entry.
She won the show at the end and was awarded as the dancing star of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa.
7. Prachi Desai has been part of many other serials. For the record, she worked in the serial Kasauti Zindagi Kay in which she played the character of Prachi Chauhan.
It was more like an extended cameo as she featured for two episodes. She played the character of a school student in Prerna’s school.
8. Prachi has been featured in many other shows as a guest star. She has been part of some fiction as well as reality shows.
These shows include ‘C.I.D.’ ‘Asia Uncut with Jon Niermann’ ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 7’ ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’, and ‘Naagin’.
9. Prachi Desai is one of the few actresses of the TV industry who have made a successful transition from the small screen to the big screen.
She auditioned for the role in the groundbreaking movie Rock On!! and got selected.
10. Prachi had to take tough calls as she left the show Kasamh Se to be part of the movie Rock On!!.
The movie was directed by Abhishek Kapoor and she played the character of Farhan Akhtar’s wife.
11. Prachi’s performance was noticed by many famous directors and she got many offers from the industry.
The next year she was seen in the romantic comedy movie Life Partner. In 2010, she got the movie Once Upon a Time in Mumbai in which she was seen opposite Emraan Hashmi.
12. Prachi Desai has already announced that she was not comfortable doing intimate scenes in movies.
There was a huge buzz for the movie to see the chemistry of Emraan and Prachi. The movie became a huge hit.
13. Later, she made a cameo appearance in the movie Teri Meri Kahaani.
Her most successful movie was Bol Bachchan in which she was seen opposite Abhishek Bachchan.
14. Prachi Desai was also rumored to be in an illegitimate extramarital affair with director Rohit Shetty.
Sources revealed that Prachi used to stay in Rohit Shetty’s farmhouse.
15. Prachi Desai got the next movie titled I Me Aur Main with Chitrangada Singh and John Abraham.
Later in the year, she appeared opposite Sanjay Dutt in the movie Policegiri. She also became news headlines after her item song in the movie Ek Villain.
16. In 2016, she featured in 2 movies titled Azhar and Rock On 2. Azhar was the biopic of former Indian cricket captain Mohammad Azharuddin in which she played the character of Naureen.
17. Prachi Desai is the endorser, brand ambassador, spokesperson, and the face of Goa tourism as well as endorsing Neutrogena products in India. She is also the brand ambassador of Lux Lyra.